Nav.igating an Unconventional Career in Adventure Travel Media: Rachel Rudwall
If you want to know what it's like to climb Kilimanjaro, ice climb while shooting a PBS show, or scuba dive with bull sharks, Rachel's the woman to ask. An EMMY-Nominated On-Camera Host, Producer and Camera Operator, Rachel has traveled all seven continents, lived in three countries and journeyed through nearly 70 nations. Her career adventures range from TV hosting for the Travel Channel to producing shows like Ice Road Truckers and Ax Men. Listen in to find out how she's nav.ed adrenaline-pumping experiences, team dynamics and being the only woman for miles in remote and rugged locations.
What You'll Learn
- How she's nav.ed working as a TV show producer, host and more
- Her recipe for finding success
- How she ended up working on "manly man" tv shows
- The challenges that came with working in a typically male arena
- Some stories from her remote location work
- What kept her going when she felt isolated and/or frustrated by being treated differently
- How things have been changing for women working in media
- Her advice for women working in any male dominated industry
- Working with difficult emotions on the job
- What has been the best part of her career path
- Her next exciting adventure!
Where to find Rachel
This week's real talk story is about Hanoi, Vietnam.
If you want to have your story featured on a future episode, download the Nav.it app and leave your post in the Community section. We'd love to hear from you!
If you are enjoying the Nav.it podcast. please take a moment to rate, review and subscribe – we would appreciate it as it really helps us grow the show. Other comments, suggestions or other feedback? Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @letsnavit.