Women's Travel Fest: Kelly Lewis' Journey into Entrepreneurship
In this episode, Lisette Austin interviews Kelly Lewis, creator of Go Girl Guides (the first series of travel guidebooks for women) and Women's Travel Fest which inspires, empowers and connects women who love to travel. Kelly is also the creator of Damesly, tours for professional and creative women. She shares her journey from bartender to successful travelpreneur and how she created a popular annual event for women from all over the globe. She also tells us how to navigate some of the challenges that come with entrepreneurship - and why it's all worth it.
What You'll Learn
- What the Women's Travel Fest is and how it got started
- What it's like to navigate a large event with multiple moving parts (speakers, venue, swag bag, etc)
- Some of the lessons she's learned along her entrepreneur journey
- The importance of women asking for the money they need (and deserve) to make their businesses successful
- How starting an event like Women's Travel Fest has positively impacted her life
- Her tips for women embarking on entrepreneurial ventures
- Information about Damesly, which offers travel tours for professional and creative women
Resources & Links
This week's real talk story is about something that happened to one of our nav.igators in the Bahamas - so be sure to listen until the end!
If you want to have your story featured on a future episode, download the Nav.it app and leave your post in the Community section. We'd love to hear from you!
If you are enjoying the Nav.it podcast. please take a moment to rate, review and subscribe – we would appreciate it as it really helps us grow the show. Other comments, suggestions or other feedback? Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @letsnavit.--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app